Maine Maritime Museum Manuscript Collection Online Catalog
- Default Behaviors
- The search engine looks for records containing every term you submit.
- Search By Phrase
- Use double quotes around your search query. (e.g "Festival of Contemporary Arts")
- Narrow Your Search Results
- Use a minus sign before a term you want to omit from your results. (e.g. 'bass -fish' finds bass guitars but not bass fishing.)
- Browse by collection title, subject, name, or classification.
This catalog database was created to provide information to researchers and students about historic documents held in the collections of Maine Maritime Museum in Bath. The general public is invited to use the database as well.
Registration and/or log-in are required only if a user wishes to maintain a record of searches and documents found. Registration is highly recommended if you think your search might require more than a single visit.
The database is not a complete catalog of all manuscript holdings of the Museum, currently representing only a small fraction of the hundreds of manuscript collections. The Museum's holding are extensive and additional materials continue to be added frequently to the library collection. New listings are being added here as quickly as time and resources permit.
The original documents described here may be viewed during the open hours of the Museum's library, Tuesdays and Thursdays (except holidays), from 9:30 to 3:00.
Inquiries as to the availability of additional documents in the collection should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This online catalog is available thanks to a grant from The Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR), which is supported by ongoing funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.